We Are The Children is looking for volunteers for this year’s Christmas party, and we need your help!
Registration has closed for volunteers for this year’s party. Thanks to all who volunteered, and all those who helped us out!
Here are descriptions for the Volunteer Positions available:
ELVES (approximately 330 ELVES needed – 2 ELVES are assigned to each table)
1. Review and enforce rules listed on table card and back of children’s lanyards.
2. Ensure that Toy Room volunteers fill out toy sheets correctly including all of the children’s names and ages.
3. Escort children (and chaperones) t o all rid es, face painting and/or to meet Costume Characters.
4. Deliver lunches and toy bags to children and/or escort children to bathrooms.
5. Clean assigned table/area. Elves are responsible for the children at their table especially the little ones!
6 Elves are needed to assist at the Arts & Crafts table.
TOY ROOM (TOY ROOM IS NOW FULL) Toy Room staff will be assigned 2 tables and will complete toy sheets at their assigned tables. You will also be responsible to select the toy bags for your tables. Further direction will be provided during the orientation meeting. NOTE: This position requires some lifting. Toy staff will also be used to help pass out meals to the children at lunch break. COSTUME CHARACTERS (COSTUME CHARACTERS ARE NOW FULL) Costumes will be provided upon arrival on Christmas Day. * If you have your own costume(s), please let us know in advance so that we can avoid having duplicate characters. NOTE: Costumes can get extremely hot inside. Please bring a change of clothes including socks, shorts, and t-shirts.
FACE PAINTERS (25 FACE PAINTERS needed)
You will be asked to paint children’s faces with holiday figures (snowmen, Christmas trees, snowflakes, etc.) – especially if you’re creative and/or familiar with face painting.
NOTE: Face painting kits will be provided.
SLEIGH DIRECTORS (15 SLEIGH DIRECTORS needed)
Sleigh Directors pick-up children on buses and escort children into the registration area. At the end of the party you will assist in escorting children back to their bus after the party.
NOTE: Please wear warm, comfortable clothes, as you’ll be outside getting kids on and off buses. During the party you’ll assist with the inflatables.